- add augeas-sysctl_parsing.patch (bsc#1197443)
* backport original patch and rebase
- Update to version 6.15
* CVE-2022-27239: mount.cifs: fix length check for ip option parsing
Previous check was true whatever the length of the input string was,
leading to a buffer overflow in the subsequent strcpy call (bsc#1197216).
* mount.cifs: fix verbose messages on option parsing
* add 0001-cifs.upcall-fix-regression-in-kerberos-mount.patch
* add 0001-cifs.upcall-try-to-use-container-ipc-uts-net-pid-mnt.patch
- Update to containerd v1.6.6 to fix CVE-2022-31030 and meet the requirements
of Docker v20.10.17-ce. bsc#1200145
- Remove upstreamed patches:
[ This patch was only released in SLES and Leap. ]
- Backport patch to fix GHSA-5ffw-gxpp-mxpf CVE-2022-31030. bsc#1200145
- Update to containerd v1.5.12. Upstream release notes:
- Security fix: [bsc#1200734, CVE-2022-32205]
* Set-Cookie denial of service
* Add curl-CVE-2022-32205.patch
- Security fix: [bsc#1200735, CVE-2022-32206]
* HTTP compression denial of service
* Add curl-CVE-2022-32206.patch
- Security fix: [bsc#1200736, CVE-2022-32207]
* Unpreserved file permissions
* Add curl-CVE-2022-32207.patch
- Security fix: [bsc#1200737, CVE-2022-32208]
* FTP-KRB bad message verification
* Add curl-CVE-2022-32208.patch
- Update to Docker 20.10.17-ce. See upstream changelog online at
- Rebase patches:
- static-tls-surplus.patch: rtld: Avoid using up static TLS surplus for
optimizations (bsc#1200855, BZ #25051)
- strncpy-power9-vsx.patch: powerpc: Fix VSX register number on
__strncpy_power9 (bsc#1200334, BZ #29197)
- selinux-deprecated.patch: Disable warnings due to deprecated libselinux
symbols used by nss and nscd (bsc#1197718)
- systemtap-altmacro.patch: i386: Remove broken CAN_USE_REGISTER_ASM_EBP
(bsc#1197718, BZ #28771)
- Update to version 2.4.2
+ Fix for CVE-2021-3670, ensure that the LDB request has not
timed out during filter processing as the LDAP server
MaxQueryDuration is otherwise not honoured.
- Security fix: (bsc#1192449) related to (bsc#1191281, CVE-2021-3864)
* enforce stricter parsing to avoid CVE-2021-3864
* Added patch logrotate-enforce-stricter-parsing.patch
* Added patch logrotate-enforce-stricter-parsing-extra-tests.patch
- Fix "/logrotate emits unintended warning: keyword size not properly
separated, found 0x3d"/ (bsc#1200278, bsc#1200802):
* Added patch logrotate-dont_warn_on_size=_syntax.patch
- Security fix: (bsc#1199652, CVE-2022-1348)
* insecure permissions for state file creation
* Added patch logrotate-CVE-2022-1348.patch
* Added patch logrotate-CVE-2022-1348-follow-up.patch
- Set initiatorname in %post (at end of install), for cases
where root is read-only at startup time (bsc#1198457)
- Update to latest upstream, including:
* Added 'distclean' to Makefile targets
* Ensure Makefile '.PHONY' targets set up correctly
* fix an iscsid logout bug generating a false error
and cleanup logout error messages
- Updated to latest upstream version, tagged 2.1.7. Changes
* updated/fixed test script
* updated build system
* several bug fixes, including one for bsc#1199264
- Encrypt the sixteen bytes that were unencrypted in some circumstances
on 32-bit x86 platforms.
* [bsc#1201099, CVE-2022-2097]
* added openssl-CVE-2022-2097.patch
- Added openssl-1_1-Fix-file-operations-in-c_rehash.patch
* Fixed more shell code injection issues in c_rehash
- Added openssl-update_expired_certificates.patch
* Openssl failed tests because of expired certificates.
* Sourced from https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/18446/commits
- Security fix: [bsc#1199166, CVE-2022-1292]
* Added: openssl-CVE-2022-1292.patch
* properly sanitise shell metacharacters in c_rehash script.
- FIPS: Added signature verification test to
- Added pcre-8.45-bsc1199232-unicode-property-matching.patch
* Fixes unicode property matching issue
- Added pcre2-10.39-bsc1199232-unicode-property-matching.patch
* Fixes unicode property matching issue
- Add CVE-2022-29217-non-blocked-pubkeys.patch fixing
CVE-2022-29217 (bsc#1199756), which disallows use of blocked
pubkeys (heavily modified from upstream).
- update to 3.3.2 (bsc#1182066, CVE-2020-36242, bsc#1198331):
* SECURITY ISSUE: Fixed a bug where certain sequences of update()
calls when symmetrically encrypting very large payloads (>2GB) could
result in an integer overflow, leading to buffer overflows.
- drops CVE-2020-36242-buffer-overflow.patch on older dists
- update to 3.3.1:
* Re-added a legacy symbol causing problems for older ``pyOpenSSL`` use
- update to 3.3.0
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Support for Python 3.5 has been removed
due to low usage and maintenance burden.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: The GCM and AESGCM now require 64-bit
to 1024-bit (8 byte to 128 byte) initialization vectors. This
change is to conform with an upcoming OpenSSL release that will
no longer support sizes outside this window.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: When deserializing asymmetric keys we
now raise ValueError rather than UnsupportedAlgorithm when an
unsupported cipher is used. This change is to conform with an
upcoming OpenSSL release that will no longer distinguish
between error types.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: We no longer allow loading of finite
field Diffie-Hellman parameters of less than 512 bits in
length. This change is to conform with an upcoming OpenSSL
release that no longer supports smaller sizes. These keys were
already wildly insecure and should not have been used in any
application outside of testing.
- Updated Windows, macOS, and manylinux wheels to be compiled
with OpenSSL 1.1.1i.
- Python 2 support is deprecated in cryptography. This is the
last release that will support Python 2.
- Added the recover_data_from_signature() function to
RSAPublicKey for recovering the signed data from an RSA
- Remove unnecessary dependency virtualenv.
- update to 3.2.1:
Disable blinding on RSA public keys to address an error with
some versions of OpenSSL.
- update to 3.2 (bsc#1178168, CVE-2020-25659):
* CVE-2020-25659: Attempted to make RSA PKCS#1v1.5 decryption more constant time,
to protect against Bleichenbacher vulnerabilities. Due to limitations imposed
by our API, we cannot completely mitigate this vulnerability.
* Support for OpenSSL 1.0.2 has been removed.
* Added basic support for PKCS7 signing (including SMIME) via PKCS7SignatureBuilder.
- drops 5507-mitigate-Bleichenbacher-attacks.patch on older dists
- update to 3.1.1:
* wheels compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.1h.
- update to 3.1:
* **BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE:** Removed support for ``idna`` based
:term:`U-label` parsing in various X.509 classes. This support was originally
deprecated in version 2.1 and moved to an extra in 2.5.
* Deprecated OpenSSL 1.0.2 support. OpenSSL 1.0.2 is no longer supported by
the OpenSSL project. The next version of ``cryptography`` will drop support
* Deprecated support for Python 3.5. This version sees very little use and will
be removed in the next release.
* ``backend`` arguments to functions are no longer required and the
default backend will automatically be selected if no ``backend`` is provided.
* Added initial support for parsing certificates from PKCS7 files with
* Calling ``update`` or ``update_into`` on
:class:`~cryptography.hazmat.primitives.ciphers.CipherContext` with ``data``
longer than 2 :sup:`31` bytes no longer raises an ``OverflowError``. This
also resolves the same issue in :doc:`/fernet`.
- update to 3.0
- refreshed disable-uneven-sizes-tests.patch and skip_openssl_memleak_test.patch
* Removed support for passing an Extension instance
to from_issuer_subject_key_identifier(), as per our deprecation policy.
* Support for LibreSSL 2.7.x, 2.8.x, and 2.9.0 has been removed
* Dropped support for macOS 10.9, macOS users must upgrade to 10.10 or newer.
* RSA generate_private_key() no longer accepts public_exponent values except
65537 and 3 (the latter for legacy purposes).
* X.509 certificate parsing now enforces that the version field contains
a valid value, rather than deferring this check until version is accessed.
* Deprecated support for Python 2
* Added support for OpenSSH serialization format for ec, ed25519, rsa and dsa
private keys: load_ssh_private_key() for loading and OpenSSH for writing.
* Added support for OpenSSH certificates to load_ssh_public_key().
* Added encrypt_at_time() and decrypt_at_time() to Fernet.
* Added support for the SubjectInformationAccess X.509 extension.
* Added support for parsing SignedCertificateTimestamps in OCSP responses.
* Added support for parsing attributes in certificate signing requests via get_attribute_for_oid().
* Added support for encoding attributes in certificate signing requests via add_attribute().
* On OpenSSL 1.1.1d and higher cryptography now uses OpenSSL’s built-in CSPRNG
instead of its own OS random engine because these versions of OpenSSL properly reseed on fork.
* Added initial support for creating PKCS12 files with serialize_key_and_certificates().
- update to 2.9.2
* 2.9.2 - 2020-04-22
- Updated the macOS wheel to fix an issue where it would not run on macOS versions older than 10.15.
* 2.9.1 - 2020-04-21
- Updated Windows, macOS, and manylinux wheels to be compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.1g.
* 2.9 - 2020-04-02
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Support for Python 3.4 has been removed due to
low usage and maintenance burden.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 has been removed.
Users on older version of OpenSSL will need to upgrade.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Support for LibreSSL 2.6.x has been removed.
- Removed support for calling public_bytes() with no arguments, as per
our deprecation policy. You must now pass encoding and format.
- BACKWARDS INCOMPATIBLE: Reversed the order in which rfc4514_string()
returns the RDNs as required by RFC 4514.
- Updated Windows, macOS, and manylinux wheels to be compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.1f.
- Added support for parsing single_extensions in an OCSP response.
- NameAttribute values can now be empty strings.
- Add CVE-2015-20107-mailcap-unsafe-filenames.patch to avoid
CVE-2015-20107 (bsc#1198511, gh#python/cpython#68966), the
command injection in the mailcap module.
- Rename support-expat-245.patch to
support-expat-CVE-2022-25236-patched.patch to unify the patch
with other packages.
- Add bpo-46623-skip-zlib-s390x.patch skipping two failing tests
- Remove inotify watch descriptor in imfile on inode change detected
* add 0001-imfile-Remove-inotify-watch-descriptor-on-inode-chan.patch
- Update to runc v1.1.3. Upstream changelog is available from
(Includes a fix for bsc#1200088.)
* Our seccomp `-ENOSYS` stub now correctly handles multiplexed syscalls on
s390 and s390x. This solves the issue where syscalls the host kernel did not
support would return `-EPERM` despite the existence of the `-ENOSYS` stub
code (this was due to how s390x does syscall multiplexing).
* Retry on dbus disconnect logic in libcontainer/cgroups/systemd now works as
intended; this fix does not affect runc binary itself but is important for
libcontainer users such as Kubernetes.
* Inability to compile with recent clang due to an issue with duplicate
constants in libseccomp-golang.
* When using systemd cgroup driver, skip adding device paths that don't exist,
to stop systemd from emitting warnings about those paths.
* Socket activation was failing when more than 3 sockets were used.
* Various CI fixes.
* Allow to bind mount /proc/sys/kernel/ns_last_pid to inside container.
* runc static binaries are now linked against libseccomp v2.5.4.
- Remove upstreamed patches:
- Backport <https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/pull/3474> to fix issues
with newer syscalls (namely faccessat2) on older kernels on s390(x) caused by
that platform's syscall multiplexing semantics. bsc#1192051 bsc#1199565
- Add ExcludeArch for s390 (not s390x) since we've never supported it.
- Update to runc v1.1.2. Upstream changelog is available from
* A bug was found in runc where runc exec --cap executed processes with
non-empty inheritable Linux process capabilities, creating an atypical Linux
environment. For more information, see [GHSA-f3fp-gc8g-vw66] and
* `runc spec` no longer sets any inheritable capabilities in the created
example OCI spec (`config.json`) file.
- Update to runc v1.1.1. Upstream changelog is available from
* runc run/start can now run a container with read-only /dev in OCI spec,
rather than error out. (#3355)
* runc exec now ensures that --cgroup argument is a sub-cgroup. (#3403)
libcontainer systemd v2 manager no longer errors out if one of the files
listed in /sys/kernel/cgroup/delegate do not exist in container's
cgroup. (#3387, #3404)
* Loosen OCI spec validation to avoid bogus "/Intel RDT is not supported"/
* libcontainer/cgroups no longer panics in cgroup v1 managers if stat
of /sys/fs/cgroup/unified returns an error other than ENOENT. (#3435)
- Update to runc v1.1.0. Upstream changelog is available from
- libcontainer will now refuse to build without the nsenter package being
correctly compiled (specifically this requires CGO to be enabled). This
should avoid folks accidentally creating broken runc binaries (and
incorrectly importing our internal libraries into their projects). (#3331)
- Update to runc v1.1.0~rc1. Upstream changelog is available from
+ Add support for RDMA cgroup added in Linux 4.11.
* runc exec now produces exit code of 255 when the exec failed.
This may help in distinguishing between runc exec failures
(such as invalid options, non-running container or non-existent
binary etc.) and failures of the command being executed.
+ runc run: new --keep option to skip removal exited containers artefacts.
This might be useful to check the state (e.g. of cgroup controllers) after
the container has￼exited.
+ seccomp: add support for SCMP_ACT_KILL_PROCESS and SCMP_ACT_KILL_THREAD
(the latter is just an alias for SCMP_ACT_KILL).
+ seccomp: add support for SCMP_ACT_NOTIFY (seccomp actions). This allows
users to create sophisticated seccomp filters where syscalls can be
efficiently emulated by privileged processes on the host.
+ checkpoint/restore: add an option (--lsm-mount-context) to set
a different LSM mount context on restore.
+ intelrdt: support ClosID parameter.
+ runc exec --cgroup: an option to specify a (non-top) in-container cgroup
to use for the process being executed.
+ cgroup v1 controllers now support hybrid hierarchy (i.e. when on a cgroup v1
machine a cgroup2 filesystem is mounted to /sys/fs/cgroup/unified, runc
run/exec now adds the container to the appropriate cgroup under it).
+ sysctl: allow slashes in sysctl names, to better match sysctl(8)'s
+ mounts: add support for bind-mounts which are inaccessible after switching
the user namespace. Note that this does not permit the container any
additional access to the host filesystem, it simply allows containers to
have bind-mounts configured for paths the user can access but have
restrictive access control settings for other users.
+ Add support for recursive mount attributes using mount_setattr(2). These
have the same names as the proposed mount(8) options -- just prepend r
to the option name (such as rro).
+ Add runc features subcommand to allow runc users to detect what features
runc has been built with. This includes critical information such as
supported mount flags, hook names, and so on. Note that the output of this
command is subject to change and will not be considered stable until runc
1.2 at the earliest. The runtime-spec specification for this feature is
being developed in opencontainers/runtime-spec#1130.
* system: improve performance of /proc/$pid/stat parsing.
* cgroup2: when /sys/fs/cgroup is configured as a read-write mount, change
the ownership of certain cgroup control files (as per
/sys/kernel/cgroup/delegate) to allow for proper deferral to the container
* runc checkpoint/restore: fixed for containers with an external bind mount
which destination is a symlink.
* cgroup: improve openat2 handling for cgroup directory handle hardening.
runc delete -f now succeeds (rather than timing out) on a paused
* runc run/start/exec now refuses a frozen cgroup (paused container in case of
exec). Users can disable this using --ignore-paused.
- Update version data embedded in binary to correctly include the git commit of
- Drop runc-rpmlintrc because we don't have runc-test anymore.
- Revert NIS support removal; (bsc#1199247);
- Use requires_eq macro to require the libldb2 version available at
samba-dsdb-modules build time; (bsc#1199362);
- Add missing samba-client requirement to samba-winbind package;
- Update to 4.15.7
* Share and server swapped in smbget password prompt; (bso#14831);
* Durable handles won't reconnect if the leased file is written
* rmdir silently fails if directory contains unreadable files and
hide unreadable is yes; (bso#15023);
* SMB2_CLOSE_FLAGS_FULL_INFORMATION fails to return information
on renamed file handle; (bso#15038);
* vfs_shadow_copy2 breaks "/smbd async dosmode"/ sync fallback;
* shadow_copy2 fails listing snapshotted dirs with shadow:fixinodes;
* PAM Kerberos authentication incorrectly fails with a clock skew
* username map - samba erroneously applies unix group memberships
to user account entries; (bso#15041);
* NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED translates into EPERM instead of EACCES
in SMBC_server_internal; (bso#14983);
* Simple bind doesn't work against an RODC (with non-preloaded users);
* Crash of winbind on RODC; (bso#14641);
* uncached logon on RODC always fails once; (bso#14865);
* KVNO off by 100000; (bso#14951);
* LDAP simple binds should honour "/old password allowed period"/;
* wbinfo -a doesn't work reliable with upn names; (bso#15003);
* Simple bind doesn't work against an RODC (with non-preloaded
* Uninitialized litemask in variable in vfs_gpfs module; (bso#15027);
* Regression: create krb5 conf = yes doesn't work with a single KDC;
- Add provides to samba-client-libs package to fix upgrades from
previous versions; (bsc#1197995);
- Add missing samba-libs requirement to samba-winbind package;
- Update to 4.15.6
* Renaming file on DFS root fails with
* Samba does not response STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER when opening 2
objects with same lease key; (bso#14737);
* NT error code is not set when overwriting a file during rename
in libsmbclient; (bso#14938);
* Fix ldap simple bind with TLS auditing; (bso#14996);
* net ads info shows LDAP Server: 0.0.0.0 depending on contacted
* Problem when winbind renews Kerberos; (bso#14979);
* pam_winbind will not allow gdm login if password about to
* virusfilter_vfs_openat: Not scanned: Directory or special file;
* DFS fix for AIX broken; (bso#13631);
* Solaris and AIX acl modules: wrong function arguments;
* Function aixacl_sys_acl_get_file not declared / coredump;
* Regression: Samba 4.15.2 on macOS segfaults intermittently
during strcpy in tdbsam_getsampwnam; (bso#14900);
* Fix a use-after-free in SMB1 server; (bso#14989);
* smb2_signing_decrypt_pdu() may not decrypt with
gnutls_aead_cipher_decrypt() from gnutls before 3.5.2;
* Changing the machine password against an RODC likely destroys
the domain join; (bso#14984);
* authsam_make_user_info_dc() steals memory from its struct
ldb_message *msg argument; (bso#14993);
* Use Heimdal 8.0 (pre) rather than an earlier snapshot;
* Samba autorid fails to map AD users if id rangesize fits in the
id range only once; (bso#14967);
- Fix mismatched version of libldb2; (bsc#1196788).
- Drop obsolete SuSEfirewall2 service files.
- Drop obsolete Samba fsrvp v0->v1 state upgrade functionality;
- Fix ntlm authentications with "/winbind use default domain = yes"/;
(bso#13126); (bsc#1173429); (bsc#1196308).
- Fix samba-ad-dc status warning notification message by disabling
systemd notifications in bgqd; (bsc#1195896); (bso#14947).
- libldb version mismatch in Samba dsdb component; (bsc#1118508);
- Enable suseconnect-keepalive.timer for SUSEConnect (jsc#SLE-23312)